Luxapool SEF is a specially formulated non-sag gap filling epoxy compound, ideal for swimming pool repair. This easy-to-use, two part, equal volume mix sets rapidly to a tough and chemical resistant final cure.
Luxapool SEF adheres strongly to most surfaces including concrete, sound cement render, fibreglass, marblesheen, pebblecrete, stone and cleaned steel surfaces. It is well suited as the final stage for concrete cancer repair, for reinstituting failed cement render, stone and marblesheen surfaces. It is also suitable for miscellaneous engineering use, such as structural bonding of concrete and other masonry, including granite and ceramics.
AREAS OF USE:
The adhesion, toughness and chemical resistance of Luxapool SEF have been optimised in unique combination for use in the repair of:
Private and commercial swimming pools and other aquatic facilities
Concrete floors and stairs
Concrete tanks and pipes
Natural stone, brick and ceramic surfaces
Grouting applications in most concrete structures
100% solids compound with simple 1:1 volume mix ratio
Easily blended creamy texture with colour coded components
Minimal-sag on vertical surfaces
Good pot-life with quick progression to cure properties
Dramatically reduces the time required from preparation to initial coating
Cured properties are much superior to high strength concretes
Luxapool SEF is available in 2 & 4 L kits, all packed in plastic mini pails and a 600mL kit packed in screw top plastic jars
PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS, UNCURED:
|BASE A||PART B (HARDENER)|
|Consistency||Thixotropic Paste||Thixotropic Paste|
|Mix Ratio||Equal volumes of each component|
|Mixing Technique||Mix until colour is uniform|
|Pot Life, 1L @ 25 oC||Typically 45 minutes|
|Minimum Cure Time @ 25 oC||6 hours before recoating|
|Application temperature Range||10 – 35⁰C|
|Full cure||72 hours @ 25⁰C|
|Flash Point||>100⁰C, both components|
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES, CURED:
- 100 grams, cured 16 hrs @ 40 oC
- Flexural Strength: 26 MPa
- Flexural Modulus: 2450 MPa
- Compressive Strength: 41 MPa
- Tensile Strength: 30 – 35 MPa
- Water Absorption, ASTM D570 10 days @ 25 oC: <0.5% by weight
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 65⁰C
PART B (HARDENER) Consistency Thixotropic Paste Thixotropic Paste Colour White Dark Grey Mix Ratio Equal volumes of each component Mixing Technique Mix until colour is uniform Pot Life, 1L @ 25 oC Typically 45 minutes Minimum Cure Time @ 25 oC 6 hours before recoating Application temperature Range 10 – 35⁰C Full cure 72 hours @ 25⁰C Flash Point >100⁰C, both components
- All surfaces to be filled should be free from oil, grease and other contamination including residual body oils and sunscreen residues. Particularly on steps and around waterline, use Luxapool Concentrated Wash in accordance with instructions.
- Calcite residues and general laitance on concrete, render, marblesheen and stone surfaces should be removed by mechanical abrading or acid etching. Use 1:1 volumes of Hydrochloric Acid : Water at a spreading rate of about 1L/m 2 .
- Allow minimum 10 minutes contact time then, neutralize with Bicarbonate of Soda solution, or flush with adequate fresh water. Allow to dry to a good visual standard.
- Remove any dust from grinding or sanding.
- Metal surfaces should be mechanically abraded or grit blasted.
- DO NOT POLISH (e.g. as might result from wire brush cleaning), surface should be rough.
- Ensure that the temperature of both components and substrate exceeds 15⁰C. Ideal temperature range is 15 – 20⁰C.
- Mix equal quantities of PART A with PART B in a clean plastic or metal container.
- Mix thoroughly until an even pale grey colour results across the whole quantity.
- Use product immediately.
- Unused cured product can be broken out of flexible containers if required for re-use.
- CARE: Mix only as much product as can be used within 30 – 40 minutes.
- CARE: Use a clean separate spatula for each component (PART A and PART B) and for mixing. Cross contamination can trigger the product in the pot to cure prematurely.
Clean all equipment with Luxapool Solvent A or Luxapool Solvent LT immediately after use.
By trowel, spreader blade, spatula or similar. Fill proud, i.e. over fill the hole or crack. Then, using coarse paper, sand back flush to surface. Finish should not be smooth. Remove all dust prior to painting.
DRY TIME/RECOAT TIME/FULL CURE:
Normally touch dry within 2 hours. Recommended recoat with Luxapool Epoxy Finish, depending on temperature and humidity, is 6 – 24 hours. Full cure is obtained after 72 hours at 25⁰C and 50% Relative Humidity.
TO DOWNLOAD THE TECH DATA SHEET – LUXAPOOL® SEF – STRUCTURAL EPOXY FILLER CLICK HERE.