1) Ensure that all surfaces are free of oil, grease or other contamination. Poolside areas should be washed with LUXAPOOL® Concentrated Wash (500mL dilution into 20L of warm water). Use stiff bristle brush or broom then flush with fresh water. Alternatively high pressure water blast to leave a clean surface. New pebblecrete surfaces need to be acid washed using 3 water : 1 acid allowing 20 minutes contact time, before flushing with fresh water. Allow surfaces to dry to good visual standard.
2) Mask along tile lines, or otherwise at the extremity of the area(s) intended to be coated. Take additional precautions to cover pool water surfaces if at all possible.
3) Apply Superseal Primer in accordance with the TDS at approximately 8m2/L, using a medium nap roller or airless spray. Allow to dry for minimum 4 hours, longer in cool or winter conditions. Clean equipment using Colormaker Concrete and Paving Sealer Solvent or LUXAPOOL® Solvent CRS.
4) Apply an initial base coat of LUXAPOOL® Poolside & Paving to the desired colour, or closest colour possible to the topcoat, aiming to fill the valleys of the pebblecrete profile as opposed to leaving film thickness on the top of the profile. Application using flexible plastic trowels for the vertical surfaces and flexible rubber spreaders for horizontal surfaces has been found most satisfactory. For estimating purposes, application rate via this procedure will be approximately 1m²/L. Clean all equipment immediately after use with water. Allow to dry for minimum 8 hours, longer in cooler conditions. Refer to the TDS for full detail.
NOTE: Do NOT apply LUXAPOOL® Poolside & Paving if rain is imminent, or if predicted within 24 hours of application. Refer to product data sheet for more detail.
5) Apply the first build coat of LUXAPOOL® Poolside & Paving to the desired colour at spreading rate of approximately 2m²/L using a medium nap roller. Within a few minutes or so of application, use a special effect metal or plastic profiling roller to achieve the desired degree of final profile. Refer to CMI for details concerning supply and use of profiling rollers. Clean all equipment immediately after use with water. Allow to dry for minimum 6 hours, preferably overnight. Allow longer dry in cool conditions.
6) At applicator’s discretion and dependant on the degree of profiling required, Step 5 above may be repeated.
7) For additional resistance to soiling and for ease of long term surface cleaning, apply a finishing coat of Colormaker Unicryl HD Clear Glaze. Application of such will also enhance the final colour effect and reduce sticking of heavy items later placed on the surface. Apply using short or medium nap roller to thoroughly wet the surface of the underlying profile. Application rate will be approximately 6m²/L dependant on surface profile
Clean all equipment with water immediately after use. Refer to the TDS for complete details. Allow to dry for minimum 12 hours before opening areas to soft sole pedestrian traffic. Full cure is achieved within 48 hours under good dry conditions. Allow longer in cooler conditions.
ON-GOING MAINTENANCE: Surfaces coated in accordance with the above directions should provide satisfactory long term use under typical home and environments. Some basic use and cleaning protocols should however be employed so as to maximise the service life of the coating.
Immediately clean all spillages of chemicals and non-aqueous stains. As needed, clean surfaces using a fine jet garden hose if allowed or soft bristle broom with mild detergent wash, then flushing with fresh water.
Otherwise enjoy the long term decorative and functional benefits of your LUXAPOOL® Poolside & Paving surface.
TO DOWNLOAD THE LUXAPOOL® POOLSIDE & PAVING PEBBLECRETE SURFACES APPLICATION GUIDE AS PDF CLICK HERE
The technical advice and/or application advice given in this publication represents the present state of our knowledge, and is believed to be reliable. Buyers and intended users of all Colormaker Industries products should read the TDS carefully and then conduct their own assessment to confirm the suitability of the product,including in conjunction with other products, and the types of surfaces to, and the manner in which, the product will be applied. Colormaker Industries offers no warranty of performance based on the above information, either expressed or implied.