LUXAPOOL® Chlorinated Rubber Coatings are formulated specifically for application to new or old concrete, or previously painted chlorinated rubber finishes. They offer a proven, cost effective single pack hard satin finish, with outstanding resistance to swimming pool chemicals and salt water.
LUXAPOOL® Chlorinated Rubber Coatings are algae controlled, and when cured, are non toxic. They may be applied by brush, roller or spray.
The unique properties of recoatability, durability and chemical resistance of LUXAPOOL® Chlorinated Rubber Coatings are ideal for use in the following:
- Swimming pools
- Water tanks
- Fish Ponds and Hatcheries
- Repaints of galvanized iron, clay and cement roof tiles.
- Resistant to salt and chlorinated water, mould, algae and bacterial growth.
- Ease of application under varied weather conditions.
- One pack system with no mixing, reduced wastage, and long shelf life.
- No special primer required for most applications.
- Versatile, with wide recoat window, and excellent intercoat adhesion.
- Excellent UV stability.
- Cured films are non-toxic, and not affected by the chemical balance of the pool water.
- Readily maintained and economical.
Available in a range of 7 standard colours, with specific colour matching available at additional cost. Refer to the LUXAPOOL® Colour Card.
As different pool surfaces require different surface preparation before painting, refer to the LUXAPOOL® Chlorinated Rubber Application Guide specific to the individual type surface you wish to paint/repaint
By brush, roller or airless spray. Avoid heavy coats which may result in blistering. NEVER APPLY OVER DAMP SURFACES. Use caution when applying in very hot and/or sunny conditions as this makes application more difficult and may cause blistering.
Apply a minimum of 3 coats, preferable 4 coats for best results.
Thinning is recommended only for the 1st coat, and then not to exceed 5% of Chlorinated Rubber Solvent (CRS) by volume.
DRY TIME/RECOAT TIME:
Touch dry in 1-2 hours. Recommended recoat, depending on temperature and humidity is 24 hours at the same time of day as the initial coat. Do not paint at temperatures below 10oC or above 30oC, or in humidity levels exceeding 85%.
Approximately 5– 8 m2 /L/ per coat, depending on the type of surface.
Clean all equipment with Chlorinated Rubber Solvent (CRS).
LUXAPOOL® Chlorinated Rubber must be allowed to fully dry before immersed in water. Full solvent release is 7-21 days depending on the weather conditions. Solvent release is not possible once the coating is immersed.
Ensure that you let your pool shop know that your pool has a Chlorinated Rubber coating, and our recommended pool chemistry.
- Maintain pH between 7.4 and 7.8
- Maintain Total Alkalinity at a minimum of 140ppm, and preferably 160-180ppm.
- Adjust Calcium Hardness above 250 ppm, ideally 280 > 320 ppm.
- Keep chlorine levels at a minimum.
- Minimise the use of acid where possible.
- Brushing down the pool every 4-6 weeks will maintain a coating of good integrity and improve longevity.
TO DOWNLOAD THE TECH DATA SHEET – LUXAPOOL® CHLORINATED RUBBER CLICK HERE